EMP 750 M. Hammond 3 credits
The Power of Energy Psychology and Addictions
Addiction as a misdirected spiritual path will be the guiding force for students to build a treatment protocol for addicts, including some traditional material as well as energetic interventions. Students will be guided in working with Dynamic Energetic Healing®, meridian therapies and other energetic interventions to collapse the energetic structure of substance addictions—alcohol, drugs, food, and process addictions—gambling, shopping, co-dependency, sex, media, and work. A developmental model provides the framework to applied comprehensive treatment for addiction.
- Describe the interface of addictions medicine and energy medicine.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess addictions.
- Address denial as energetic reversal and limiting beliefs.
- Identify areas for the practitioner where judgment and other negative feelings come up regarding addicts.
- Assist addicts in creating a safe spiritual container for recovery.
- Describe the likenesses and differences in treating the process and substance addictions.
- Demonstrate using energy interventions with addicts, and their families.
- Demonstrate using origins work with addicts.
- Write about using energy work with relapse.
- Write about creating comprehensive treatment programs for addicts which include energy medicine/psychology.
- An historical view of addictions treatment and why the need for some
traditional treatment with energetic treatment.
- A developmental view of addiction
- Addiction as the misdirected spiritual path
- Protocols for treating addiction
- Redefining self, addiction free
back to top
- Mary Hammond Living Your Soul’s Purpose: Wellness and Passion with Energy Psychology and Energy Medicine
- Vernon Johnson I’ll Quit Tomorrow
- Sharon Wegscheider Another’s Chance: Hope and Health for the Alcoholic Family
- Claudia Black It Will Never Happen to Me