EMP 7676 L. Tian 3 credits
Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory with The Art of War
The Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is an ancient science and philosophy that gives deep influence in Chinese culture and human life. This course will explore the ancient wisdoms through the study of Sun Tzu’s theory and Sun Bin’s theory with The Art of War, especially for the relationship among Yin/Yang, the Five Elements and Ziwu Liuzhu. The study will help individuals to understand the laws of nature - the time, space, energy and their relationship with every individual through The Art of War works.
The course aims to let students improve their abilities for self-cognition of energy, understand the relationship of universe, earth and human life with space-time energy through the key points of TCM theory and the core techniques of The Art of War to solve the energy imbalance problems. The course will provide practical techniques and special tools for energy recognition and application that open a different way to observe health and life to let individuals manage their time along with space-time energy.
- Students will understand the key structures of Huangdi Neijing – the relationship with universe, earth and life of human-beings.
- Student will learn the main theories and philosophy of The Art of War.
- Students will understand the relationship between TCM theory and The Art of War.
- Students will explore the relationship and application of space-time energy for human life and health improvement through mastering practical techniques and special tools.
- Chinese most important ancient works - Huangdi Neijing.
- Sun Tzu’s and Sun Bin’s theory with The Art of War.
- The theory and of traditional Chinese medicine and military wisdom.
- Foundation of the nature law based on the classical wisdom.
- The key of reading and understanding of Huangdi Neijing and The Art of War: natural law and space-time energy.
- Philosophy of Traditional Chinese Medicine: relationship between heaven and human-beings.
- The nature law used in The Art of War: right time, right space ,right people and event.
- Self-cognition – explore the resources of energy and essence through the individual’s life experiences.
- Practicing theories and principles for space-time energy application.
back to top
- Huangdi Neijing Vol. Su Wen and Vol. Ling Shu《黄帝内经》
- Sun Szi, The Art of War
- Sun Bin, The Art of War
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory《中医理论》
- BaiTuJing, Traditional Chinese Medicine with The Art of War