EMP 7671 L. Tian 3 credits
The Art of War: Space-Time and Nature Philosophy
The Art of War is one of well-known ancient Chinese wisdom works. Since the archaeological discovery of Yin Que Mountain (银雀山) in 1972, the significant changes of study on The Art of War has taken place around the world. But behind the Art of War, there is more valuable mystery exists.
The course is designed based on the systematically research of Sun Tzu’s The Art of War and Sun Bin’s The Art of War, we called these two ancient works with one name of the Art of War in this course. The philosophy of the Art of War can guide the research and understanding energy systems. This course will introduce the research results by introducing a new system to understanding space-time energy.
- Student will learn the main theories and philosophy of The Art of War.
- Students will understand the nature laws and space and time energy.
- Students will explore the relationships and applications of Space-Time energy.
- Background Research on The Art of War.
- Study the Military Dao（兵道） and core concepts of Sun Tzu’s The Art of War《孙子兵法》
- Study the structures of Sun Bin’s The Art of War《孙膑兵》
- Time energy with nature laws through Sun Tzu’s and Sun Bin’s The Art of War.
- Space energy with nature law through Sun Tzu’s and Sun Bin’s The Art of War.
- Study Military Yin/Yang (兵阴阳) and explore space-time energy and applications.
- The holographic philosophy in The Art of War.
- Explore the application for individual’s life through their experiences.
- Space-time energy applications.
back to top
- Sun Szi, The Art of War
- Sun Bin, The Art of War
- BaiTuJing, Traditional Chinese Medicine with The Art of War