EMP 748 M. Hammond 3 credits
Depression Free with Energy Psychology
This course is designed for students to develop expertise in the energetic treatment of depression while holding awareness of relevant allopathic, naturopathic and other complimentary treatments. Participants will apply the general principles and strategies of energy psychology and specific strategies from Dynamic Energetic Healing® to collapse the energetic structure of depression including neurological, emotional, mental, and spiritual disturbance. With prescriber supervision students are enabled to use the energy strategies to gradually assist most patients to become medication free. Ultimately, students will guide patients to replace the depressed energy field with a stronger energy field to hold positive thinking, undisturbed sleep, an optimal ability to concentrate and focus, and an improved ability to relate and serve.
- Demonstrate in writing the differences in the different disciplines of depression treatment.
- Demonstrate in an assessment the difference between dysthymia, major depression, and bipolar disorder—clinically and energetically.
- Practice preparing the energy field for treatment.
- Develop energetic intention with depressed clients, understanding that thought fields are energy fields.
- Develop written safety plans for suicidal clients that include recommended energy interventions.
- Demonstrate a specific, thorough energetic protocol in a practicum with depressed client.
- Demonstrate a protocol for using energetic strategies to assist clients with their desire to be medication free.
- Demonstrate guiding a client to live a depression free life behaviorally, physically, emotionally, mentally, socially, spiritually.
- Participate in using standardized pre- and post assessment tools to measure the effects of energetic strategies with depression.
- History and Neurology of Depression
- Illness as energetic structure
- The Energy of Depression
- Treating the depressed person energetically
- Working at the origins
back to top
- David D. Burns, MD Feeling Good: the New Mood Therapy
- Daniel Amen MD, and Stein-Luthke, L. Change Your Brain, Change Your Life
- Mary Hammond Living Your Soul’s Purpose: Wellness and Passion with Energy Psychology and Energy Medicine